This machine is a beast! This detector has to be one of the most technologically advanced machines that are on the market today. The E-TRAC incorporates Full Band Spectrum(FBS) technology and Smartfind discrimination.
Simultaneously transmitting 28 multiple frequencies from 1.5kHz to 100kHz, FBS technology continually transmits both deep penetrating lower frequencies and sensitive high frequencies for more sensitive and accurate target identification at greater depths, regardless of ground conditions and target type.
Smartfind offers a visual scale of discrimination showing both the ferrous and conductivity properties on the same display to help you eliminate undesirable signals and find desired targets.
The E-TRAC XChange USB connection allows you to create different settings, user modes, and discrimination patterns for different sites, download and upload these settings, and exchange them with friends by email.
The E-TRAC also features QuickMask adjustment, four pre-programmed user modes, refined threshold adjustment, and ground and trash density settings.
In other words, this machine is loaded with features that could make even the most experienced metal detectorist years to fully realize the true potential of this machine.
Minelab E-Trac Metal Detector with 11″ DD Search Coil and 3 Year Warranty
- The target id system is excellent! After spending just a few hours with this machine, you will notice the difference in your ability to distinguish the difference between trash and a desirable target due to the E-Trac’s ID system which displays each target’s ferrous and conductivity levels. Outstanding.
- Excellent multiple tones. At first, the many tones of this machine can be almost overwhelming but once you learn the tones, you’ll be amazed at how well you can identify what the target is without even looking at the numbers.
- This machine is a silver and coin magnet. I believe that this machine finds more coins and silver than any machine I have ever used.
- There is no need to ground balance the E-trac when changing locations or hunting in highly mineralized soil. It does all the work for you.
- My biggest complaint with the E Trac is the display. Very poorly done Minelab! The backlight is great when hunting in low light conditions but being able to see your screen otherwise can be difficult. This is especially true in bright sunlight.
- It is not waterproof. Considering the high cost of this machine, why wouldn’t they have made it waterproof. This is disappointing.
- One of the claims is that the E -Trac is perfectly balanced. Hmmm. Not sure about that. This is a heavy machine compared to many others. You will feel it after a day of hunting.
- Battery Life is short compared to most other detectors. Granted this machine does many things all at once that most detectors cannot successfully do at all but battery life definitely suffers. Overall the E-Trac is an excellent machine and can be customized for any type of hunting (except water) that you do.
- Outstanding coin machine with great depth. A must in any avid detectorists arsenal. Please keep in mind, this is not a beginner’s machine. The E trac was designed for the experienced and serious detectorist. While there are some negatives with the machine, overall I feel it is one of the best machines ever made.
Overall the E-Trac is an excellent machine and can be customized for any type of hunting (except water) that you do.
Outstanding coin machine with great depth. A must in any avid detectorists arsenal. Please keep in mind, this is not a beginner’s machine.
The E trac was designed for the experienced and serious detectorist. While there are some negatives with the machine, overall I feel it is one of the best machines ever made.
Visit Our Partners
Back to Metal Detector review table of contents Click [HERE]